So we are really excited to have our own blog and to keep everyone updated with what's going on in our lives! For a quick update our life has finally settled down after a crazy four years...
Pierce and I met in May of 2005, he moved to St. Louis that summer after graduating from undergrad at Baylor University. I graduated from St. Louis University and worked at Barnes Jewish Hospital as a nurse for a year while Pierce worked for Delta Environmental Consulting. It didn't take long for us both to realize we wanted more.
In the fall of 2006 we moved to Valparaiso Indiana. Pierce began law school and I began a master's program for nursing at Valparaiso University. However, before we left for Indiana Pierce and I went to Italy for a few weeks. He proposed on a gondola at sunset in Venice, Italy. It was picture perfect!!
After each completing one year of law/graduate school and summer school Pierce and I were married in St. Louis on August 4, 2007. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and better than I had EVER imagined...thanks mom and dad!! We honeymooned in Aruba, which was beautiful and extremely relaxing.
In the fall of 2007 Pierce began his second year of law school and I began my last year of graduate school. In December over Christmas Pierce and I went to the island of Zanzibar and Tanzania. Pierce took a class with Seton Hall University while we were there. Africa was incredible. The culture and the people truly created an amazing experience and one we will always remember.
In March of 2007, just a few months later we found out our lives were about to change for the better. We were expecting a baby in October of 2008. It was the best surprise we have ever had :)
In May of 2008 I finished school, passed my boards, and was officially a family nurse practitioner. Pierce was interning in St. Louis along while taking summer school so he could finish law school 1 semester early. I began working for Take Care Health Systems as nurse practitioner in July and Pierce and I began looking for houses in St. Louis.
We found our perfect little house that summer and made it ours in August 2008, however, Pierce had to go back to Valpo to finish his last semester. I stayed in St. Louis "nesting" and working on the nursery until the beginning of October when I then went back to Valpo to be with Pierce and wait for our baby to arrive.
Harrison Philip Lehr arrived 10 days early at 1:37pm on October 13, 2008. My pregnancy went extremely well and so did my labor which was all of 6 hours and 3 pushes. He was so tiny at 6 pounds 4 ounces and 20.5 inches! But he was absolutely perfect!!
Harrison and I stayed in Valpo with Pierce until Thanksgiving. Harrison and I officially moved into our St. Louis home then. Pierce had to go back to Valpo for 2 more weeks to study, take his finals, and graduate from law school! He officially moved home in December. He took the bar in February 2009 and was sworn in on May 1, 2009! Pierce is now working for Boeing and really likes it!
We now FINALLY feel settled and at home. We are really enjoying being parents and watching Harrison grow. It has been such a joy having him. Sometimes we forget what life was like without him. He feels like he has always been with us and a part of our family. We can't wait to see what else our life has instore for us and look forward to sharing it with everyone!! Until next time!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment