Today Pierce and I ran in the Lewis and Clark half marathon. Pierce and I both had personal best times, which isn't bad for not training! It was our first half marathon since getting pregnant with Harrison. Our last one was October 2007! However,it wasn't our first race since getting pregnant. We did run in a 10k in Saugatuk, MI when I was 16weeks pregnant (which I won!) I had originally told Pierce I would run nice and easy with him, but my competitiveness got the best of me and well I didn't:) After that Pierce said no more races until after the baby was born! Our first post baby race was when Harrison was about 6 months old. It was a 5mile race in April 2009.
Since it is now officially running season Pierce and I are planning on racing every weekend I'm not working. Here is what we having going as of now
1. 5k Brentwood(our neighborhood race) 9/19/09 -running with Harrison
2. 5mile Backstoppers race 9/26/09 -running with Harrison
3. 10mile Run for Africa race 10/10/09
4. St. Louis Half Marathon 11/1/09
5. 10k Go St. Louis Halloween Race 10/18/09
6. SLU Thanksgiving 5mile Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day -running with Harrison
That's it so far! We are going to be busy!!
Since it is now officially running season Pierce and I are planning on racing every weekend I'm not working. Here is what we having going as of now
1. 5k Brentwood(our neighborhood race) 9/19/09 -running with Harrison
2. 5mile Backstoppers race 9/26/09 -running with Harrison
3. 10mile Run for Africa race 10/10/09
4. St. Louis Half Marathon 11/1/09
5. 10k Go St. Louis Halloween Race 10/18/09
6. SLU Thanksgiving 5mile Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day -running with Harrison
That's it so far! We are going to be busy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment